Thursday, February 23, 2006

The Last Race:

Before I leave speedskating, I'm going to skate one more weekend time trial at the Utah Olympic Oval. I'm signed up for the 1500 meters this Saturday.

I'm in no shape to race - not because I haven't been working out, but because I've been working out too much; using exercise as anger management therapy. I've been trying to "get it out of my system" before starting work next week.

Also, I must admit I've been enjoying skating at the Oval while the Olympic Team has been away! In fact, that's the main reason why I'm going to race this weekend: Because it's my last chance to race while they're gone.

Though I came back to speedskating on a recreational level after failing to make the Olympic Team back in December, I won't be able to skate any more after this weekend. Because of all that has transpired between that time and the women's 1500 meter event in Torino, my anger towards some of those coaches and administrators is so strong that I feel the need to remove myself from the speedskating environment.