Monday, January 10, 2005

Here Comes the Story of the Kearns Dirt Oval!

Finally, for those of you who have been waiting to hear the controversial story of how my speedskating career ended for the first time, HERE IT IS!!!

Why am I going to tell it now? I have my reasons, so let me list them.


1. This January and February mark the 10th anniversary of the most significant events of the Dirt Oval Season, and 10th anniversaries are a pretty big deal.

2. This is the story that describes the events that made me the person and the skater that I am today. For the people who follow my skating career, it is the story you need to know in order to fully understand what drives me.

3. All my friends in science deserve to know why I left cancer research behind in order to come back to speedskating. With this story, you will know why I had unfinished business with speedskating.

4. To all those who have ever been wronged by US Speedskating, feel free to use this as ammunition.

5. Because I know I'm right and they were wrong.

6. Because, as a 5-time World Cup qualifier, I have at least proven as a speedskater that I am not a worthless no-talent and never deserved to be treated that way.

---------

If I never do anything else in this sport, I have at least made sure that my voice will be heard.