Saturday, July 02, 2005

Bank of America Thinks I'm a Hometown Hopeful!


A couple of days ago, when I went to my mailbox, I saw that I had received something from Bank of America. "It's probably junk mail," I thought at first, "They want me to get a credit card."

But then I opened it, and saw that this particular mailing had something to do with their sponsorship of the Olympics and their apparent belief that I was one of those who had a realistic shot at making it to the Games: "The Bank of America Hometown Hopefuls Program honors you and the people who helped get you there."

You see, Bank of America is setting up a Hometown Hopefuls Family Center in Torino, and they want us Hopefuls to send in the names of four people who will come to Torino to cheer us on if we make the team. These lucky friends and family members will then be able to partake of "a generous supply of complimentary food and drinks (including lunch and dinner), wide-screen TVs with closed-circuit coverage of multiple Olympic competitions, an Internet cafe, one free event ticket and more."

Thank you, Bank of America, for sending me my first map of Torino, because we all know that USS would prefer that I end up on the bus that goes out to the ski jumps. And thanks for considering me as one of your Hometown Hopefuls.