Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Scarier than an Organic Chemistry Exam:

I am currently working on obtaining a copy of the U.S. Long Track Olympic Team selection criteria. Unfortunately, the printer in the Utah Oval's athlete lounge hasn't been working for several weeks now, and it is apparently not working today.

But don't worry, U.S. Speedskating. I intend to bring this document on the plane with me to Milwaukee tomorrow, so I can pore over it with my magnifying glass and my highliter. Nothing is going to get by me.

From the brief glance I took at the criteria just now, I can see that I'll probably have to skate the European world cups, through Torino in mid-December, and then have about two weeks to recover before the Olympic trials.

Whatever my studying turns up, I should be ready to solidify my world cup plans (if I should make the team this weekend, of course) by the time I need to sign my name to anything.