Wednesday, June 07, 2006

A Vacation from Sports Politics:

I'm going away tomorrow, for a long weekend, and maybe that will give me some time to figure out what I want my involvement to be in USSPEEDSKATING politics. Thinking about those issues is seriously interfering with my ability to concentrate at work, and I'm kind of getting tired of being attacked by the same people I'm trying to support.

I've had a request to post comments on the USS MySpace site, and maybe after I've taken a break, I can do that, but right now I don't know.

I'll leave you, for now, with the latest hilarious misconception about me. Apparently, I, a subversive "Almost-Olympian" in an obscure European sport, am a sellout who is capitalizing on my success, and is ungrateful to USSPEEDSKATING for all the ways in which they helped me in my development as a speedskater.

And now, since I'm such a sellout, let me get back to my Southern blot DNA analysis and my mouse tissue iron level measurements. Don't get me wrong - if I ever had a chance to sell out, I'd do it in a heartbeat.