Monday, January 10, 2005

Held Hostage: The implications of the latest USS contract.


I have just been informed that, in order to receive my uniform for the world cup at which I will be competing in less than a week, I have to agree to the terms of a contract for which I have not yet been made aware of the ramifications. I refuse to do this.

OK, so what will I wear in my sprint races in Calgary? Steph suggested a star-spangled bikini, and then just the armband and my skates. Team America, woooooooooooo-hooooooo!!!!!!

Or, how about if I just continue to wear the old swift suit with the vinyl hood, because everybody knows ( just look at all the pictures on my web site...)

EVA HAS THE BIGGEST CONE HEAD!!!!!

Despite the fact that I HATE the way I look in the old suit, I will not compromise everything I stand for, in order to sign some agreement that will probably take away all my rights.

------

By the way, from what I understand so far, if I sign the contract, then I will not have a single logo spot left on my suit to offer to a potential sponsor. But, if I don't sign, then I may HAVE TO PAY MY OWN WAY TO WORLD CUPS!!!

Duh!!! Never mind the fact that not paying for world cup travel is JUST PLAIN WRONG, Has everybody already forgotten that I voluntarily forfeited my spot in the fall world cups anyways?

For their information, I skate FOR ME. All I want is to make myself a better speedskater, and I can do that by staying right here, with my coach, Boris Leikin. And if I can't go to world cups, then I won't go. Nobody is going to strong-arm me into anything.