Sunday, August 21, 2005

"My Bad!" The O-Job Story Continues

It seems that Amy Sannes did, in fact, legitimately qualify for O-Job probabionary status with Home Depot for this year. Yes, she managed to sneak in there, just barely, but legitimately. I was not aware that World Sprint Championship results (in addition to overall World Cup standings) counted for O-Job selection criteria, but apparently they do, so I will apologize for not getting my information exactly straight.

Still, I am aware that O-Jobs are in scarce supply, and there is always a list of very highly qualified athletes on the waiting list. Athletes on probation don't always get to keep their O-Jobs for this reason, but the fact that winter Olympic hopefuls have priority leading up to 2006 probably helped as well.

As for me, I'm glad nobody is telling me how many hours per week I'm required to work right now. I'd rather peek at my dwindling bank account every once in a while, knowing that I'm pushing a non-sustainable existence, but realizing that an uncompromising approach to my own training this year is the only thing that will give me a shot at accomplishing my goals.